Monday, March 18, 2019

Bust HighRes

I finally have some time to work on the 3D bust,

Update 1: 3/18

I went ahead and made some changes to the sculpt. Working on slowly pushing and pulling the folds and shapes. Trying to maintain some degree of accuracy but mostly just working from large to small in Dynamesh.


Currently only got one side of the face done. Adding the ear flaps/sculpting the eyes/mouth without symmetry was a pain but manageable.

So I just got to do the right side of the face, the right eye. Then the mouth, followed by the nasal bridge area. This will then lead to the turkey neck. I will also have to re-emphasize the folds, as they are quite loose in the original sculpt.









































Update: 3/20

Continuing to build out the sculpt, I am continually making changes to the form because I'm noticing small things that need to be tweaked or edited as I go. I need to inflate the brow a bit and tuck some of the cheek muscles back a bit more towards the ear (which also needs to be pushed back and made smaller). I will most likely move the mouth and brow forward slightly to compensate.

The neck is what I'm currently working on as well as the general body. These will take the least amount of time as most has been and will be invested in the face.



Update 3/21

Cleaned up a lot of the issues that I found earlier and started moving onto sculpting out detail.


3/25
Continued to finalize the High res sculpt, here are a few shots of the sculpt and overall detail. I wasn't able to do the lower body due to time constraint but this is something I could always go back to and keep working in more detail.




3/26

This morning I quickly did the low poly inside of Zbrush, using  polypaint/weights (to create a basic topo) as well as a 'bear-rug' unwrap using UV master. I really only had about an hour to do this because I wanted to get it into Substance and bake it before class.

It's at 25k. I did some tests and managed to get it to around 10k-3k but I was starting to lose too much details even with polyweights.

Here are some renders from inside substance.




-placeholder





No comments:

Post a Comment